Estimated time to Platinum: 15 – 30 min (If you skip all text)
Trophies: 36. 1 / 5 / 10 / 20
Missable trophies: Many, if you make the wrong choices
Glitched trophies: None
Difficulty related: None
Playthrough: 1+ (Depends if you save scum)
Welcome to The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel trophy guide!
A very intriguing and fun read! Or a quick platinum with a few minigames if you’d like it that way! Solve the mystery of the Ermangerde Mansion, and hope you survive!
Step 1: Make Everyone Survive
This platinum can be obtained in one playthrough if you follow a proper guide! You only have to reload a save once! You also have to complete 4 QTE’s on Normal difficulty. Afterwards you can skip them all! Refer to the “Text Walkthrough” section for further instructions towards the platinum. After this step, you’ll have everything done!
Before we start, we have a few options we need to configure. Go to options, and press down on the D-Pad to go through the options. Set it to skip “All Text”, then set “Skip Mode” to “Instant”. To confirm the settings, press square. To select the options such as “Save/Load” or “Skip”, you use the D-Pad or the left stick to cycle the options on the bottom right of the screen, then you have to hit triangle to confirm it. Now start a new game and follow the steps, while skipping everything;
- “I Eat Other Things Too!” – This Or That, Pass It On Unlocks
- Be Brave And Look Up!
- Die during the QTE – Necrotic Paralysis Unlocks
- Complete the QTE: Mash square – Grasp The Nettle, Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Unlocks
- “We’ll Check With Our Supervisor” – D-List Horror Prop Unlocks
- Don’t Show The Letter
- “Change The Subject”
- Stay For The Movie
- Meet With The Professor
- “My Instant Noodle Days Are Over!”
- “I Know You’re Trying To Help” – Psychotherapy Not Included Unlocks
- “You Can Be Nice When You’re Trying”
- Talk About Her Job
- Go To Work – Employee Of The Month Unlocks
- Complete The QTE: Stop The Slider In The Red Zone 3 Times. Be Careful Of Input Delay
- Defend Myself – Weal And Woe Unlocks
- Free Up My Schedule
- “You’ll Be A Great Father” – Monsieur Le Photographe Unlocks
- Stop It
- “I Was Tending The Gardens”
- Call Them Out
- “Be Honest With Me” – Real Talk, Reunion Unlocks
- “I Need To Work For My Happy Ending”
- Complete The QTE: Press The Button You See When The Monster Appears. Be Warned, You Barely See The Button Prompt – In Safe Hands, A Safe Haven Unlocks
- Tell The Truth – Feels Like Yesterday Unlocks
- “I Cooked Up A Feast!” – A Hearty Meal Unlocks
- Show The Photo To Ash
- “She’s Married To One Now”
- “It’s Really Just A Gig” – Need Some Advice Prof, Nightly Visit, Hello Mister! Unlocks
- “We Can Still Fix This”
- Complete QTE: Take A Picture Of The Monster – Daredevil Unlocks
Go To Options Menu, Press R1 Twice To Get To Gameplay, Press X To Set “Skip QTE” To On, Press Square To Apply, Return To The Game
- Keep Looking For Ash – Mind Your Own Business, Sing The Blues Unlocks
- “This Is Wrong” – Pop Quiz! Unlocks
- “You Have Something To Say?” – Grow Up, Kid Unlocks
- Continue Waiting
- “I Just Remembered Something”
- “Yes, It Sounds Fair”
- Check The First Floor
- “You Must’ve Been Quite The Pair” – Remember Me? Unlocks
- Move On
- Ask If He’s Alright
Save On Save Slot 1
- “I Want To Stay” – The Beginning Unlocks
Load Save Slot 1
- “I Need To Move On” – Behind Closed Doors Unlocks
- “This Cold Caught Up With Me”
- “Sorry For The Trouble”
- Hit Him Where It Hurts
- Apologize To Luke
- “Is This Why You Didn’t Go Home Last Night?”
- “You’re Good At Handling Her”
- “Okay, But Only Because Kylie Asked”
- “What Right Do You Have?”
- “I-I Might’ve Seen Her”
- “You Should Be With Your Wife”
- “Care To Explain Your Reasons?” – Buried History Unlocks
- Head For The Door
- Insist It’s Confidential – Easy Way In Unlocks
- “Tell Me About Him”
- Take Her Offer
- “You’re-You’re Okay”
- “Are You Alright?” – Safe And Sound Unlocks
- “I’d Feel Better If I Don’t Have To Worry About You”
- Take Isabella’s Side
- “I Can’t Let You Do That”
- Beg Him To Listen – Swallow Your Pride Unlocks
- “I’m Just Worried About The Children”
- Give Them To Hannah – One Big Happy Family, In Living Memory Unlocks
- Demand Hannah’s Release
- Burn The Mansion – Light It Up Unlocks
- Press Circle To Skip The Credits – The REAL Letter, The Letter Unlocks
If you liked this guide, you’ll find more on our site.
You can also chat to our writers and friends by joining us on Discord with this link – Discord Invite
Collect all other trophies.
|This or That
Make your first decision.
|Pass it on
Find the letter.
|Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop
Win a QTE.
Lose a QTE.
|Grasp the Nettle
Win a QTE without skipping.
|D-List Horror Prop
Pass the letter to Hannah, Luke and Marianne.
|Psychotherapy not Included
Consult with the professor about the mansion.
|Employee of the Month
Be a good employee and go to work.
Unlock a memory fragment.
|Weal and Woe
Start Chapter 2 with a good standing with Luke.
|Monsieur le Photographe
Meet Zachary, the photographer (as Hannah).
Ask for Marianne’s honest advice about marriage.
Meet an old friend at the housewarming party.
|In Safe Hands
Resist the mansion’s influence.
|A Safe Haven
Let a friend stay over for the night.
|Feels Like Yesterday
Share a painful memory to a friend.
|A Hearty Meal
Have lunch with Ashton and Isabella.
|Need Some Advice, Prof
Consult with the professor about the photographs.
Meet Kylie (as Zachary).
When nightmares just won’t leave you alone…
|Mind Your Own Business
Keep looking for Ashton.
|Sing the Blues
The ghost of guilt and sorrow remembers who I am…
|Behind Closed Doors
Explore the deepest corners of the mansion.
|Grow Up, Kid
Give a piece of advice to the younger you.
Meet a fellow nerd.
Meet the ghost from your past.
Win 4 QTEs in Normal difficulty without skipping.
Dig deeper into the Ermengarde Mansion’s past.
|Easy Way In
Find a way into BRC with the help of a friend.
|Safe and Sound
Ensure that all your friends are safe and accounted for.
|Swallow your Pride
There are more important things, no matter how much you hate his guts…
|In Living Memory
Take a trip down the memory lane.
|One, Big, Happy Family
I think mommy overdid the make-up.
|Light it Up
Not only do I have trespassers in my property, they’re also arsonists!
|The REAL Letter
There’s another one?!