Estimated time to Platinum: 30 – 90 min
Trophies: 18. 1 / 9 / 7 / 1
Missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Difficulty related: None
Welcome to the Subnautica (PS5) trophy guide!
During this trophy guide we will be purely making use of the “Dev Panel”. I would highly recommend playing this game normally without the Dev Panel for your first playthrough to fully experience and immerse yourself in this amazing open-world survival action-adventure game set on an alien planet – The game itself is developed by Unknown Worlds Entertainment.
Credit goes to YouTube channel ‘Klye’ for allowing us to create this text guide based off their video guide on YouTube. If you would much rather use a video guide over a text guide, then check this out –
Tips and Strategies:
- After each teleport pause the game until the scenery loads, so you do not fall through the map.
- Always remember to have the 5 cheats enabled and disabled when I say so within guide, or it may limit your opportunity to earn trophies.
- Do not worry, using ‘give’ or ‘teleport’ will not effect trophies.
- Apparently PS4 Dev Panel has been patched out, this may happen to PS5 version in future – I’d get this while you still can.
If you liked this guide, you’ll find more on our site.
You can also chat to our writers and friends by joining us on Discord with this link – Discord Invite
- On main page press on game screen, then Play, then ’Start New Game’ and then ’Freedom’.
- Once you load up inside a structure press the menu button, then press + at same time to load Developer menu onto menu options.
- Press into the ‘Dev Menu’, then ‘Teleport’ and then ‘Base 1’.
- Press into Dev Menu, then ’Commands’ and then ’Bob the builder’.
- At this point the four of the five circles at the bottom of your screen should fill with tools, go onto the first tool using the D-Pad on controller and open the Construction Menu by clicking .
- Build a 2 tall structure of ‘multipurpose room’s – just one on top of the other, build a ‘Solar Panel’ next to the base to power it up, and then build a ’Hatch’ on the side of the bottom structure and go in.
- Once you’re inside build a ’Ladder’ on one of the outskirts rather than the centre square, then go up the ladders into the top room and build an ’alien containment’ and then build a hatch on the side of it.
- Go back down the ladders to bottom floor.
- Build a ‘Fabricator’ and a ’Locker’ for the walls then build 6 ’Modification Stations’ for the floor.
- Use a modification station to create a ’Ultra High Capacity Tank’ and ‘Ultra Glide Fins’.
- Go to the fabricator on the wall and create a ’Mobile Vehicle Bay’ and a ’Radiation Suit’.
- Whilst remaining at the fabricator, create these ’Resources’;
- 5 Plasteel
- 4 Enamelled Glass
- 2 Lubricant
- 2 Glass
- 1 Titanium Ingot
- 1 Power Cell
- 1 Advanced Wiring Kit
- 2 Aerogel
- 1 Hatching Enzymes
- After this, pause the game and go to the dev menu, go to commands then disable these 5 ‘cheats’;
- No Cost
- Fast Hatch
- Fast Scan
- Fast Grow
- Fast Build
- *NOTE* – Disabling these 5 cheats is paramount as it allows trophies to be obtained
- Now deconstruct all 6 of the modification stations.
- Leave the base, head over to the water and jump in. Getting Your Feet Wet
- Afterwards you should have your mobile vehicle bay in one of the bottom 5 circles where your tools are. Throw this in the water and climb on it.
- Now use the mobile vehicle bay to build ;
- ’Sea Moth’ Personal Propulsion
- ’Cyclops’ 40-foot Sub For One
- ’Prawn Suit’ Ordered the Prawn
- *IMPORTANT* – Go back into the Dev Menu, too Commands and enable no cost.
- Now use the mobile vehicle bay to build a ’Neptune Launch Platform’.
- Once this has built climb onto the Neptune Launch Platform and build the rest of the rocket;
- Neptunes Gantry
- Neptunes Boosters
- Neptunes Fuel Reserve
- Neptunes Cockpit
- *IMPORTANT* – Now go into Dev Menu, Commands and disable No Cost.
- Go to Dev Menu, Teleport and teleport to Base 1
- Rather than going to your own base, go inside the construction you have just teleported to. You should spawn on top of it, go down the ladders, across to the end of the corridor and pick up the ’Abandoned PDA’. Seaside Living with an Ocean View.
- Next go to the Dev Panel, then Teleport too ’Base 2’.
- There will be an underwater base in front of you, whilst entering and when inside avoid the jellyfish tentacles as they will do damage.
- Enter the base and turn left, go up the ladder and into the observatory.
- Pick up the Abandoned PDA. Follow the Degasi.
- Go to the Dev Panel, to the Teleport and too ’Base 3’.
- Swim around the top of the base until you get a circular porthole opening and go in.
- Once inside, stay in the same room but go around the Alien Containment Tank and go down the ladders.
- There will be a ‘Creature Egg’ down here that you need to pick up, it may take a few seconds to spawn.
- Then turn right and pick up the Abandoned PDA. Seamonsters.
- Go into the Dev Panel and teleport back to Base 1.
- Go into the base you built, go up the ladders to the top floor.
- Go inside the alien containment tank using the hatch.
- When inside open your inventory using the touchpad, go to the creature egg and drop it in the tank.
- Open the Dev Menu, go to commands and enable Fast Hatch.
- Come off menu and watch the egg hatch into a cuttlefish.
- *Important* – Go back into Dev Menu, to commands and disable Fast Hatch.
- Pick up the cuttlefish.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to a place called ’Gun’.
- Once spawned in go to the Dev Panel, to ’Give’ and get the ’Precursor Keys’.
- Then walk up to the green cyber-like podium and insert the tablet.
- Go inside the structure – to the right, round the corridor and then just keep moving straight until you reach a green Data Terminal. Download the Date. Ancient Technologies.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to ’LostRiverBase’.
- Swim inside and go forward then to the left and pick up the Ion Cube. Find the Lost River.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to ‘LostCastleBase’.
- You will take minimal damage here but swim around and on top of the structure and eventually a trophy will pop. Thermal Activity.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to ’Genroom’.
- In this room there will be generators needing repairs, easily found by the sparks flying out of the the parts needing repaired. Repair these by using the tool from the 2nd circle out of the five circles at the bottom of your screen.
- Repair all 11 of these, if you get attacked by a fish use your knife to kill it quickly. The knife is found in the 3rd circle. Extinction Event Avoided.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to ‘Aquarium’.
- *Optional* – Go to Dev Panel, to the give option and spawn in a Seamoth – This will give you time for the next step so you don’t run out of oxygen.
- Leave the platform in search for eggs on the sea floor. Fourteen Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
- Once you reach the eggs come out of the Seamoth and there will be a small square podium that will open up when you get near it – insert the ion cube in here.
- Now turn around to the opposite direction if the eggs, head up the stairs towards the sandy triangle at the top.
- Wait here for the Sea monster to come over and blow the sand away.
- After the sand has been blown go back down the stairs towards the eggs and there will be a green ’Incubator’ there – insert hatching enzymes into the incubator.
- *Optional* – If you need oxygen just hop back in the SeaMoth.
- Wait now until one of the baby sea monsters throw up and release a small pale/light orange ball and go out and grab it with your hands (need to leave seamoth) Optimal Health.
- Go into your inventory and release the cuttlefish that you hatched near the beginning. Man’s Best Friend.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport to ’Gunterminal.’
- Go up to the terminal in the middle of the room and activate it.
- *IMPORTANT* – SAVE THE GAME.
- Quit the game after you have saved it, then start a new Freedom game again.
- Go to menu and activate Dev Panel with + .
- Go to Dev panel then commands and activate Bob the builder.
- *Important* – You will need to disable the 5 cheats after doing bob the builder command. These are no cost, fast scan, fast grow, fast hatch, fast build.
- Leave the pod you start in and dive under water.
- Find and collect 2 Metal Scraps and 1 Quartz, these should be on the ocean floor. The metal scraps look like debris, and the Quartz looks like blue crystals.
- Go back into the starting pod and to the fabricator and create titanium.
- Go back outside and use your tools to legitimately build 1 Multipurpose room with 1 Hatch attached to it. Settling in for the Long Haul.
- Quit out of this game and load back into the original game you saved.
- Go to Dev Panel and teleport back to Base 1.
- Head to the Neptunes Rocket and climb onto it, go onto the lift and up the Gantry.
- Once inside the rocket turn on these three switches;
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Communications Array
- Hydraulic Systems
- Go up the ladders into cockpit and turn on the three consoles round the sides;
- Primary Console
- Time Capsule – You must leave an item in here, take a screenshot and leave a message to fill in the 3 pieces of data it wants
- Life Support System
- Sit in the chair in the middle of room, sit back, relax and earn that platinum! Leave Only Time Capsules, Go Among the Stars and Platinum Trophy.
Collect all other trophies
|Getting Your Feet Wet
Dive for the very first time.
|Extinction Event Avoided
Repair the Aurora Reactor
Find the Enforcement Platform
Find the Thermal Plant
|Find the Lost River
Find the Disease Research Facility
|Fourteen Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Find the Primary Containment Facility
Cure the infection
|Leave Only Time Capsules
Create and deploy a time capsule
|Seaside Living with an Ocean View
Find the Degasi habitat on the floating island
|Follow the Degasi
Find the Degasi habitat in the jellyshroom caves
Find the Degasi habitat in the deep grand reef
|Settling in for the Long Haul
Build a habitat
Build a seamoth
|40-foot Sub For One
Build a cyclops
|Ordered the Prawn
Build a prawn suit
|Go Among the Stars
Launch the neptune rocket
|“Man’s Best Friend”
Hatch and release a Cuddlefish