Estimated time to Platinum: 1-2 hours
Trophies: 32. 1 / 2 / 27 / 2
Missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Difficulty related: None
Playthrough: Story Mode / Free Mode Collectibles
Welcome to the Nostalgic Train trophy guide!
Nostalgic Train is a walking sim designed to make you think about your journey. Developed by Tatamibeya, and published to consoles by AMATA K.K.; this walking sim adventure is a beautiful experience to be had. A little on the short side, however the experience itself is perfect for what it is.
Step 1: Story Mode
Work your way through the seven “Memory Fragments” and take in the surrounds and story. As this is a walking sim there is not so much that can go wrong along the way, so there is nothing to worry about here.
After Chapter 2 you should pretty much know your way around the little village, so you should have no issues following the instructions below.
You’ll be earning these trophies:
Natsugiri Memory Fragment One: The Drowned Boy
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Two: Father and Daughter
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Three: The Teacher from the City
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Four: Homecoming
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Five: The Vanishing
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Six: The Beginning
Natsugiri Memory Fragment Seven: Journey’s End
Step 2: Collectible Clean Up
You will notice the majority of these notes whilst playing through the story, however, as the notes are not available to be collected within the Story Mode you will need a separate quick run through in Free Mode.
The trophy images themselves actually give away the location on the memory, so this does come in handy.
During this step you’ll earn these trophies:
Natsugiri Notes 1: Six Jizo
Natsugiri Notes 2: Pipes
Natsugiri Notes 3: Rice Terraces
Natsugiri Notes 4: Train Ashtrays
Natsugiri Notes 5: Final Hope Falls
Natsugiri Notes 6: Old Book Store
Natsugiri Notes 7: Cafe Only
Natsugiri Notes 8: Elementary School
Natsugiri Notes 9: Firefly Pond
Natsugiri Notes 10: Natsugiri
Natsugiri Notes 11: Bamboo Grove
Natsugiri Notes 12: Department Store
Natsugiri Notes 13: General Store
Natsugiri Notes 14: Natsugiri Port
Natsugiri Notes 15: The Beach
Natsugiri Notes 16: The Mountain Path
Natsugiri Notes 17: Kushikari Burial Mound
Natsugiri Notes 18: Shrine Water
Natsugiri Notes 19: The Overlook
Natsugiri Notes 20: Summer Festival
Natsugiri Notes 21: Floating Lanterns
Natsugiri Notes 22: Thatched Roofs
Natsugiri Notes 23: The Station Building
Natsugiri Notes 24: Vending Machines
Two Fluctuations at Journey’s End
Tips and Strategies
Luckily for us we have a Run option to speed up our Platinum time, so be aware of holding the button for this, and if you are just here for the trophies you can spam the dialogue with the button.
You will also need to use regularly to reveal the next memory, in order to progress the story.
If you ever get stuck during the Story Mode press , and at the bottom it will give you a hint on where to go.
If you liked this guide, you’ll find more on our site.
You can also chat to our writers and friends by joining us on Discord with this link – Discord Invite
|Two Fluctuations at Journey’s End
Finished reading all Natsugiri Memory Fragments.
Collected all other trophies.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment One: The Drowned Boy
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment One.
- Initially you will not be able to pass through the Train Station, so keep moving around inside and outside the train reading the memories when you come across them.
- When you are allowed to pass through head immediately left and collect the memory around the side of the station by the bench.
- Head across the road and collect the two memories in the Book Store.
- Exit the Book Store and head right, past the Blue Truck and up the road to the right where you will find the School.
- Collect the memory in the grass by the swinging bars, and then head back to the Station and back inside the Train.
- When the Train comes to a stop head back to the memory by the School’s Swinging Bars.
- After the memory head to the River Bed to find the final memory of the chapter.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Two: Father and Daughter
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Two.
- Picking up where you left off head across the river to the next memory.
- Head up the stairs and continue along under the Train Bridge where you will find a memory by the Shack and Waterfall.
- Turn around and follow the road, picking up memories on the way, and following the road around to the right.
- When you come across a memory by the mud track head off across the mud to the left for another in the field before the train tracks.
- At this point head back to the building by the Bus Stop, and the red Post Box you passed earlier for another memory, which will point you back to the station.
- Follow the road back around and across the bridge to the station to find a number of memories that direct you to the Temple. The Temple is found by crossing back across the river via the bridge to the right of the station and up the road, taking a right across the mud at the Beige/Blue Board Sign.
- Cross the train track and find the next memory in the Bamboo to the right. After which head further right into the Bamboo for the next.
- Continue heading the same way and just passed the six Jizo statues is the next memory.
- Head back to the Station for some further memories, before riding the Train once more (You can use now to skip most of the journey).
- When the train stops collect the 2 memories on your way out of the station and head right and across the bridge, and then right again across the mud towards the Jizo statues, before finally heading behind them.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Three: The Teacher from the City
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Three.
- Your first memory is located at the Port, which is pretty much directly behind you (You can use the train track bridge to get there quicker).
- Next head to the Pond located at the back of the Station for a couple of memories.
- At the Mist Café (Coffee Shop) you can continue your journey within town where you will find a few memories, including one down the alleyway beside the Book Store, and a couple around the back of the shops. There is also one beside the Station.
- When they’re all clear (Confectionary Store is the last) head off to the School for a couple of memories, before heading back to the Pond behind the Station, and then back to the School.
- Head up the stairs beside the School to the Shrine.
- Finally you will need to go for another Train ride (remember ), before heading back to the Pond area, then the School, and then back to the Port for the last memory.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Four: Homecoming
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Four.
- Start out by crossing the train track bridge and making your way to the Temple, before heading South back towards the Beach (Opposite the Jiza statues) to collect a few memories.
- Next head off to the Building by the Bus Stop and Post Box to find a memory right outside the door.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Five: The Vanishing
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Five.
- The first memory is directly behind you on the road, with the next towards and past the Post Box on the grass (Towards the red metal structure).
- After head back towards town via the bridge and you will find another slightly left across the other side of the road, and more on your way.
- Once you’re across the bridge turn directly left for some more hidden in the Bamboo, before heading over to the Pond for some more.
- After this head up towards the School for one, and then over to behind the Café.
- You will then need to head upstream, where you will find a number of memories along the River Bed, before heading to the Old Ladies House located in the centre of of the map along the river.
- Once you have this memory head upstream again along the road until you reach the dead end with the Mountain Path on the right.
- Head up this Mountain Path for one memory before returning to town and the Book Store to find one inside, and the other down the alleyway beside it.
- After this we’re going for another train ride to progress the story, before heading back down the alleyway again for the final memory.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Six: The Beginning
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Six.
- Head into town and then follow the road to the left, and across the bridge towards the Temple.
- Take the Mountain Path up and follow it all the way through to the other side collecting the memories on the way. This will include the one by the Waterfall at the other end.
- Head down the road and across the river towards the Café, and then up to the Shrine.
- After this head back into town, before collecting the last memory on the bridge.
|Natsugiri Memory Fragment Seven: Journey’s End
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Memory Fragment Seven.
- Head towards the Temple again collecting all the memories on the way.
- Before crossing the rail tracks (just after turning at the big sign) head right back down towards the beach and the Jiza statues.
|Natsugiri Notes 1: Six Jizo
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 1.
At the Jizo Statues.
|Natsugiri Notes 2: Pipes
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 2.
In the School Playground.
|Natsugiri Notes 3: Rice Terraces
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 3.
By the big red Metal Structure up by the Post Box area.
|Natsugiri Notes 4: Train Ashtrays
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 4.
At the far end of the train, on the left hand side by the door.
|Natsugiri Notes 5: Final Hope Falls
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 5.
Up in the corner by the Shack and the Waterfall.
|Natsugiri Notes 6: Old Book Store
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 6.
Out front of the Book Store.
|Natsugiri Notes 7: Cafe Only
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 7.
Entrance to the Café.
|Natsugiri Notes 8: Elementary School
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 8.
At the entrance to the School Building.
|Natsugiri Notes 9: Firefly Pond
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 9.
In the Pond Area a the back of the Station.
|Natsugiri Notes 10: Natsugiri
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 10.
Outside the Train Station, immediately left.
|Natsugiri Notes 11: Bamboo Grove
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 11.
In front of the Temple.
|Natsugiri Notes 12: Department Store
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 12.
By the green and white sign, out front of the Train Station.
|Natsugiri Notes 13: General Store
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 13.
Next to the Book Store.
|Natsugiri Notes 14: Natsugiri Port
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 14.
Down at the Dock Area.
|Natsugiri Notes 15: The Beach
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 15.
On the Beach, by the wooden Boat.
|Natsugiri Notes 16: The Mountain Path
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 16.
Up the Mountain Path.
|Natsugiri Notes 17: Kushikari Burial Mound
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 17.
Behind the big Beige & Blue sign you will find this smaller sign in the fields.
|Natsugiri Notes 18: Shrine Water
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 18.
Directly at the top of the stair by the Shrine.
|Natsugiri Notes 19: The Overlook
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 19.
By the seating area out front of the Shrine.
|Natsugiri Notes 20: Summer Festival
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 20.
In front of the Blue Vehicle by the Café.
|Natsugiri Notes 21: Floating Lanterns
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 21.
The Beige & Blue sign along the road by the main bridge.
|Natsugiri Notes 22: Thatched Roofs
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 22.
Behind the Post Box & Bus Stop.
|Natsugiri Notes 23: The Station Building
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 23.
In the Train Station waiting area.
|Natsugiri Notes 24: Vending Machines
You’ve finished reading: Natsugiri Notes 24.
Immediately to the right as you exit the Train Station.